As the holidays approach Walt Disney Worldmore and more customers will be arriving at the resort’s hotels, and their culinary teams have created new dishes and drinks for all to enjoy!
What is happening:
- Walt Disney World has unveiled new menu items coming to various dining locations in Florida destination resorts.
- At Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, enchanted rose has some new stuff. This The beauty and the Beast-inspired lounge expands its menu with elegant yet whimsical offerings, including a charcuterie platter, a selection of artisan cheeses, and hummus with tapenade, smoked paprika, and toasted pita bread. There are a few highlights among these offerings. Smoked Trout and Crab Dip features salmon roe, chive oil and sesame seed lavosh combined in a beautiful and flavorful dish.
- If you love caviar or have always wanted to try it, this version includes Siberian caviar, egg yolk spread, fresh cream, capers and brioche. Finally, the seasonal flatbread is deliciously topped with artichoke, fig, ricotta, roasted garlic and watercress. Look how good these dishes are!
- At Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, you’ll find Boatwright’s Dining Hall and starting today, you’ll get a taste of a refreshing expansion that incorporates more authentic Cajun and Southern flavors for the menu.
- For an entrée, the Lowcountry Seafood Boil is a classic filled with shrimp, mussels, and Andouille sausage with corn on the cob and potatoes simmered in a spicy Cajun broth. It is served with a tasty grilled baguette to finish. Slow-roasted blackened prime rib is perfectly topped with Cajun butter and served with classic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- If all these flavors have your mouth watering, you’ll want to be sure to order the Taste of the Bayou, the chef’s all-you-can-eat platter with hickory-smoked pork ribs, crispy Cajun chicken, smoked sausages , Grilled Beef Brisket, Mashed Potatoes, Mac & Cheese, Cajun Butter Roasted Corn & Seasonal Vegetables!
- For a plant-based offering, try the Harvest Red Beans and Rice. This dish features red beans simmered with plant-based sausage, peppers, onions, and celery served over rice with cornbread.
- For dessert, you will have the choice between the Southern Cheesecake, a classic vanilla cheesecake with a bourbon-caramel sauce topped with crunchy pecan-praline, the vegan Peach-Blackberry Cobbler, a classic peach and blackberry cobbler topped with a blackberry sorbet, or the Mississippi Mud Crème Brûlée, a milk chocolate crème brûlée with Breton shortbread and fresh fruit.
- For the little ones, the Row Row Oar Your Boat Sundae or Cookies and Milk with two homemade chocolate chip cookies.
- A new cocktail is also in the spotlight, the Big Easy Whiskey Sour. This adult drink combines Maker’s Mark Bourbon, lemon juice and pure cane sugar with a float of Fess Parker Big Easy Red Blend.
- This complex is also home to the River Roost Lounge. Starting today, they’re offering a new plant-based dish and a signature libation. The twirlach and Artichoke Dip will be a new plant-based favorite with a creamy dip served with Cajun-dusted cornbread crostinis. The French 75, for those over 21, is a sparkling delight made with Argyle Sparkling Brut, Hendricks Gin, fresh lemon juice and pure cane sugar.
- At Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, starting today, Scat Cat’s Club will present a plant-based offering – The Sassy Sassagoula Sliders. This trio includes BBQ jackfruit with coleslaw and fried pickles, fried green tomatoes with giardiniera and pepper jelly, and finally a “fish” cake with spicy remoulade and arugula.
- At Disney’s Riviera Resort, the menu expands with the flavors of the Riviera with French and Italian influences at Bar Riva. The new burrata salad is perfect for cheese lovers, with heirloom tomatoes, fresh pesto and focaccia bread. If you’re craving a fish dish, salmon with orzo is for you. This plate serves perfectly seared salmon with pomodroccio tapenade and lemon orzo. The Mushroom Arancini will leave you wanting more with risotto, mushrooms, cheese and truffle – yes, truffle – served with a homemade marinara!
- End your meal in style with a dessert you won’t be able to do without. Molten Chocolate Cake is a new edition you’ll be thankful you tried. This hot chocolate cake with a fudgy center is topped with raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries – delicious.
- Finally, the Riviera also offers a new signature sweetness that the Riviera bakery team has worked hard to develop. The Riviera Signature Cookie masterfully bakes semi-sweet chocolate chips, ground oats, California walnuts, roasted pistachios, dried cherries and sea salt flakes. You can get this treat at Primo Piatto.
- At Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, the Belle Vue Lounge enriches its offer with signature cocktails and zero proofs. The Orange Blossom Manhattan debuts at the resort. A favorite of holiday goers, this drink fits right in with the year-round ambiance of the Belle Vue Lounge. If light and refreshing is what you need, stop by to enjoy Sparkling Hibiscus with Sorel Hibiscus Liqueur and Sparkling Grapefruit. Guests of all ages can enjoy the Agave Garden, a zero-proof offering that includes Lyra’s Agave Reserve and passion fruit green tea.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel arrangements