DUBLIN – (BUSINESS WIRE) – Dec. 17 2021–
The report “Global Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report by Product (Respiratory, Hand Protection), by End Use (Hospitals, Outpatient Care Facilities) / primary) and segment forecast, 2021-2028 ”has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global healthcare personal protective equipment market size is projected to reach USD 21.42 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 11.1%
The high prevalence of Covid-19, especially in North America and Europe, is expected to drive product demand through 2021.
The increased demand for products due to the global pandemic ultimately strained the supply chain, creating a shortage in the market. However, with manufacturers increasing their production capacities and several industry players pivoting their production from their usual products to personal protective equipment (PPE), the supply chain has improved in recent months.
Organizations, such as the European Commission (EC) and the US FDA, are working with manufacturers and other industry players to increase production. For example, in March 2020, the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) and the EC agreed to make relevant standards freely and fully available to increase PPE production in Europe.
The long-term impact of the pandemic on the market involves the strategic storage of critical PPE supplies, significant growth in the manufacturing capabilities of various participants, the manufacture of industrial PPE to serve the healthcare industry and an increase in the number of mergers and acquisitions as well as new entrants.
Highlights of the Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market Report
- Respiratory protection products segment is expected to experience the fastest CAGR of 30.0% from 2020 to 2028 due to the high demand for products, such as N95 respirators and surgical masks
- Hospital end-use segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 55% in 2020 due to the predominant use of PPE in hospitals as well as improved hygiene and safety standards in hospitals, especially in developing countries
- Product demand in Europe is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.6% during the forecast period due to the high prevalence of Covid-19 in the region coupled with strict safety regulations.
- The Indian market is expected to register a CAGR of 18.6% from 2020 to 2028 due to the increase in Covid-19 cases coupled with the rapid expansion of the health sector due to factors such as increased spending public and private actors and the increase in disposable income
- Key companies in the market are focused on expanding their production capacities and geographic reach to meet the growing demand due to the global pandemic
- For example, in November 2020, 3M installed two new production lines at its plant in Aberdeen, South Dakota to increase production of N95 respirator masks.
Main topics covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology and scope
1.1. Research methodology
1.2. Scope of the research and hypothesis
1.3. Acquisition of information
1.4. Analysis of information
1.5. Market formulation and data visualization
1.6. Data validation and publication
Chapter 2. Executive summary
2.1. Market outlook
2.2. Sector perspectives
2.3. Competitive outlook
Chapter 3. Variables, Trends and Scope of Personal Protective Health Equipment Market
3.1. Market segmentation and scope
3.2. Market lineage outlook
3.2.1. Global Personal Protective Equipment Market Outlook
3.3. Mapping of penetration and growth prospects
3.4. Industry value chain analysis
3.4.1. Growing importance of private labels
3.4.2. Growing preference for e-commerce
3.4.3. Supply chain implications for the COVID-19 pandemic
3.5. Technology overview
3.6. Regulatory framework
3.7. Market dynamics
3.8. Business environment analysis
3.8.1. Industry Analysis – Porter’s
3.8.2. PESTEL analysis
Chapter 4. Impact of COVID-19 on the Healthcare PPE Market
4.1. COVID-19 is spreading around the world
4.2. Impact of COVID-19 on Global GDP
4.3. Impact of COVID-19 on the market for personal protective equipment for healthcare
4.4. PPE requirement based on the level of exposure risk
4.5. Regulatory Standards for PPE to Use During COVID-19
Chapter 5. Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market – Product Estimates and Trend Analysis
5.1. Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Market: Analysis of Product Movement and Market Share, 2020 and 2028
5.2. Protective clothing
5.2.1. Market Estimates & Forecasts, 2017 – 2028 (USD Million)
5.2.2. Protective Clothing Market Estimates & Forecasts, By Product, 2017 – 2028 (USD Million)
22.214.171.124. Protective Gowns Market Estimates & Forecasts, By Type, 2017 – 2028 (USD Million)
5.3. Respiratory protection
5.4. Face protection
5.5. Eye protection
5.6. Hand protection
Chapter 6. Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market – End Use Estimates and Trend Analysis
6.1. Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Market: Analysis of End Use Movements and Market Share, 2020 and 2028
6.2.1. Market Estimates & Forecasts, 2017 – 2028 (USD Million)
6.3. Home care
6.4. Ambulatory / primary care facilities
- Alpha Pro Tech
- Ansell Ltd.
- Médisca inc.
- O&M Halyard, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Kimberly-Clark Company
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Sterimed Group
- Plasti Surge Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Crosstex International, Inc.
- PRIMED Medical Products, Inc.
For more information on this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/z45uhk
See the source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211217005219/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Director
For EST office hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH MEDICAL SUPPLIES
SOURCE: Research and markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 12/17/2021 6:24 a.m. / DISC: 12/17/2021 6:24 a.m.